Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Did It!

Today on the way to the grocery store we saw a fruit stand open - not much fruit - some oranges, apples and bananas - but in the area in front they had flowers - oh so many flowers - and I came away with a flat of them.  I'll get some spring going in my yard now!!! 
Who can resist these pretty little flowers in the spring? 
With little raindrops on them 

So many colors to choose from 

Sweet pansies for spring.  I'll plant them on Monday or Tuesday - they say one of those days it should be 63 degrees - can you believe that?  Me neither! 
And they had sweet peas too - look how many in this one little 4" x 4" pot - for just 1.69
And a pot of some sweet peas a little farther along.  These may have to live in the house in a warm window for a while yet - but the pansies can take the  coolish weather that we have in early spring.
At last - spring flowers!!!

What have you done in your garden so far this year?  Those of you who are not still under snow.



7 comments:

joy said...

Hi JoAnn, the pansies look so pretty, dont they? I'm sure they'll look lovely when you've planted them up. Our winter, although very wet, has been quite mild, and we have a lot of daffodils in flower and tulips ready to open, now suddenly we are having a cold snap to put everything off! All we've done outside so far is to sweep up the leaves left over from autumn and cut the grass. Happy Spring x x

Lorrie said...

Pansies are the dearest flowers. I do love their happy faces. I planted some ranunculus in a pot and that's about it so far, beyond some clean up. The pots of bulbs planted last fall are beginning to grow nicely tall and green - blooms will come in time.
Enjoy your gardening time. I'm hoping for warmer weather this week, too.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Pansies are my sorority flower and have a special meaning to me. Those are lovely! xo

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

SO pretty!!! :)

Fundy Blue said...

Pansies were the first garden flowers I knew the name of as a small child. I love their beautiful faces. Have a great day!

Mary said...

I've not planted anything new yet - and Tues. we may have a wintery mix and very cold nights for a couple of days - such a shame as all the blossoms are coming out!
Love pansies - such happy flowers and the colors are perfection.

Enjoy - Mary

Julie Fukuda said...

Pansies are a winter flower here in Tokyo but I think your variety is better. They really don't seed themselves down and you need to keep picking off the dead heads to keep them blooming. Forget-me-nots are easier and repeat each spring. Right now, cyclamen are popping up in the wall planters.