Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, March 2, 2014

February Scavenger Hunt


Scavenger Hunt for February - and here we go!

F is for
Funny Farm Sign
3pm
This could be for Grain also - a Rice Crispy Football for the Super Bowl Party - which started at 3 p.m.
Grain
Petrified Ginko Trees in Eastern Washington 
Lamp
A dark, snowy wintery day - one lamp is lit, one is out
Clock
Our Bird Clock - plays a different bird song each hour.  The volume is controlled by the light in the room so during the night the birds don't sing.  In the summer they sing very early! 
Bread Clock we've had for about 40 years - one of my favorites
Honey
Mrs. BrownDirt, shopping for honey.  The sign should say "Nooksack River Wildflower"
Fountain
A fountain of chocolate!
Round
My drum, made and signed by Lummi artist
Shadow
A heron in the shadows of an apple orchard
Group
Ducks and Trumpeter Swans
Repurpose
Limbs and brnaches, repurposed inot an eagle's nest
Old Gas Station sign repurposed into a junk store sign
Clouds
Clouds over Birch Bay, WA
Pt. Wilson light house, near Port Townsend, WA

15 comments:

Carletta said...

It 's been a very long time since I've seen or done this meme. You did a great job with the prompts. Love the sign, the clouds and repurpose.

greenthumb said...

Thanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt, I really like your photos of grain, group and fountain. Greenthumb.

The Weaver of Grass said...

That lighthouse with the house looks the most wonderful place to live. You really have a wonderful eye for photography JoAnn.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

You really found some great photos for the prompts. I love the Almosta Farm. Love the lighthouse too! I did see that one on my one trip to Washington about 10 years ago. I really should go through my archives and post some of the lighthouses I've seen.
Have a good week.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That rice krispies football looks pretty damn yummy!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I absolutely adore that bread clock. When it goes missing, you needn't look far!

xo

Sheila

Lizzy said...

Wow! What big sky you have! Love the cloud photos and the snowy one, we seemed to have missed the snow this year, too late now.

Julie said...

Well it was easy to find a favourite this month - it has to be the chocolate fountain, yum! x

Kay said...

Fun shots! The petrified ginkgo is really beautiful. And I love your drum. Your bread clock is a real collector's item.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Petrified ginkgo trees? How interesting! I have ginkgos planted all up and down my street, but never seen the petrified version!

Julie Fukuda said...

I really like these! I used to have a bird clock of Japanese birds. I wonder what happened to it?
I put my drum design on the bag but now I think I should go back and paint my drum too.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I'm so intrigued by your petrified ginkgo trees. I love ginkgo trees, but never realized they used to grow in the States. They were once thought to be extinct as all the scientists had were the fossil remains until they were discovered them growing in monasteries in China. I adore their leaves.

Glo said...

Really enjoyed looking at your photos and your take on the categories. Wonderful clocks in your home, and the chocolate fountain was a great idea, as well as the football treat. Lovely outdoor photos as well of the snow, birds, clouds and lighthouse.

Fiona said...

Your clocks are fun. I've never seen a birdsong clock, what a lovely idea... The bread clock can be aged from it's very 70's numerals....I love it.

J said...

I adore that bread clock! It looks like something my mother might have had hanging in our kitchen - and that I'd remember from years of eating breakfast below it, watching my time before school started!