Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, June 5, 2020

Mandavilla Vine

A lovely Mothers' Day gift from our oldest daughter and her family.  It is a subtropical plant and has to be overwintered indoors in our climate.  It has wonderful big flowers - and such interesting buds.  And can grow to ten feet - I'm going to try and train it along the deck railing.
It sits on the deck and I can see it from my chair in the living room - the hummingbirds love it, but I've not been quick enough to get a picture of them at the flowers yet, but I shall.
I had never heard of this plant before - but I'm so happy to have one.  Have you seen or grown one before?

4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I haven't heard of it but it is certainly a beauty. Do take a photo of the humming birds.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've heard of it but never seen one. Yes, I can imagine how much hummingbirds love those red flowers!

Powell River Books said...

Do you keep it in a pot so you can move it in and outside as needed? - Margy

Julie Fukuda said...

My first thought was attracting hummers. How long do the flowers last?
I've never seen that plant before.