Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, April 10, 2020

Happy Easter

Since we can't get together with friends and family this Easter - I want to share some of our past holidays.  Starting with our kids.
Ready for Easter - in outfits sewn by my mom 
 And the next year - an Easter Bunny Cake
 Down through the years - I had such fun sewing all their outfits
 And a few years later - coloring eggs with neighborhood kids and friends.
  Beccy in the middle in pink - Lori to the right in maroon.

  I always wanted a white china cabinet - we found this brown one and I thought I would paint it white - NEVER AGAIN.  All those nooks and crannies - but just wait until you see it in white.




 I do love all the cute doo-dads and decorations of spring!
 And in all of its white glory!!  It took me a week to get it all painted - but so worth it. 





I adore pretty napkin rings 
And of course we have plenty of treats - deviled egg chicks 
Bunny bottoms cup cakes
Bunny cupcakes
 And another bunny cake
Pretty  flowery cupcakes - we made a day of it - frosting and decorating the cupcakes.




 Pretty table settings




 And lots of good food - Easter brunch is such fun!

Happy Easter - may you have fabulous memories!


7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Everything looks so pretty! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! Take care and stay healthy!

Granny Sue said...

Lovely! I remember when you painted the china cabinet :) But it really is prettier in white.

The brunch looks delicious!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You have such beautiful Easter things! Love those bunny bottom cupcakes -- sooooo cute. And yes, the buffet and hutch looks fabulous painted white!

JanF said...

I hope you feel well.
Your photos are lovely and I particularly like the little flowerpot napkin rings!
The colors you chose for everything are very good.
I think things are improving very fast here in our town, so I feel optimistic.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think I would have had a hard time painting that pretty wood all white, but it looks great and shows off all your lovely collections. Great family pictures too. Whenever we were all together, I was too busy to take pictures. Even after all these years, at family gatherings the only pictures are sent by family members. I see it is not only your dolls that are well dressed! Easter Blessings, my friend.

Small City Scenes said...

Quite a post with 60 jillion things to see. I love the napkin rings and I have that large egg that has a top and bottom and looks kinda like patchwork. amazing huh. Love to see all the outfits over the years.
Take care and be safe
MB

Kay said...

Happy (belated) Easter, JoAnn! Everything looks beautiful at your house and I'll bet you're still enjoying your white hutch. It looks like it was worth the effort.