Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tulip Festival



We've been to see the tulips.  There is a big Tulip Festival in Skagit County - just south of here - and we love to go and see the tulips.  This year was even more spectacular than most years - the right amount of sunshine - pleasant temperatures and zillions of flowers at the peak of perfection.


 All colors of tulips - the yellow were Don's favorite. . .
 I love to look down the long, long rows . . .



Light purple tulips . . .



 Pink Tulips . . .



Glorious fields of color . . .

Long, long rows . . .

Darker purple tulips . . .


Purple and red tulips . . .


I loved the red tulips . . .

Beside each field of tulips there was a little shed selling tulips - I bought two bunches of yellow ones . . .



I just can't get enough of the glorious tulips . . .



Tulips planted by the stores downtown - the traffic was so slow I had time to take pictures as we inched along . . .

And that's our trip to see the tulips - I hope you enjoyed the trip.

No comments: