Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Thursday, December 31, 2015

What To Do With the New Year?

It is very cold (well, cold for the Pacific Northwest), the frost has not melted for two days yet the sun is shining and beautiful - a great day for considering the new year just around the corner.
What shall I do with a whole new year?



Hooray! Hooray! It's New Year's Day!

The day we start anew.
So this year I've decided
to become a kangaroo.

Or maybe I will learn to fly,
or how to walk through walls,
or how to turn invisible,
or surf on waterfalls.

I'll make myself elastic
and I'll teach myself to shrink.
I'll turn into a liquid
and I'll pour me down the sink.

I'll visit other planets
and meet aliens galore.
I'll travel to the distant past
and ride a dinosaur.

I've got so many wondrous plans.
I'm starting right away.
Yes, this will be the best year yet.
Hooray! It's New Year's Day!
                                      unknown author


Maybe I'll have a cup of tea with friends
Or enjoy the sunrise out the window

Happy New Year to you!
May every great new day
Bring you sweet surprises - -
A happiness buffet

Happy New Year to you!
And when the new year's done
May the next year be even better,
Full of pleasure, joy and fun.
Dream a little this year - enjoy the spring and summer days

Every day is new sacred time to 
reach for your dreams
This will be a year to reflect on 
the large, the small, the important things in life.

Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one

I wish you a Happy New Year, sparkled with endless love, gladness and goodwill.

The sweet fragrance of a fresh New Year

And I shall enjoy the sweet visits from each of you - my heart is warmed by the comments and the new friends I've made this year.  May our friendships continue through the years

Weekend Reflections

16 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Happy New Year to you, JoAnn! : - )

Beautiful pics of your year in a bit of a review. I don't know WHERE the ti,me has gone! I want it BACK!!! It's going too fast!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always look forward to a new beginning...it does seem to be so full of possibilities! I'm glad we are friends and I look forward to a lot more fun in the coming year! I'll have some tea in a pretty cup, pretty please! Happy New year, Diane

The Furry Gnome said...

Happy New Year JoAnn! That picture of the birch trees is stunning!

Marigene said...

Wishing you a healthy and Happy New Year, JoAnn!
Love the new header...those swans are magnificent.
Am looking forward to another year of fabulous photos from you!

Ela said...

I wish you a happy New Year !!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful post and images! I wish you all the best in 2016! A very Happy, healthy New Year to you and your family!

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy New Year! xx

Peggy said...

Happy New Year to you and Don, may you have the best of the best all year long!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So many possibilities! Happy New Year!

Small City Scenes said...

Happiness in the New Year.
What a wonderful post. Love the poem---just don't go down the sink!
A whole year to contemplate or just go with the flow---that's my way.
MB

Becca said...

I love your realistic goals for 2016 like meeting aliens and turning into liquid. I think I am going to set one goal to cook more instead of picking up food places. :)

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Wonderful post and images, JoAnn! Happy New Year! ♥

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

JoAnn, this was such a great post. Is that first poem an original? I have never heard it before. A post filled full of your regular beautiful photography. I had to pin that one reflected the trees in the water. Just beautiful..Have a wonderful New Year, my friend..Judy

Kay said...

What sweet, wonderful wishes, JoAnn! This is such a sweet post. I love it! Thank you!

Carver said...

Beautiful shots. Happy New Year!

J said...

Such a refreshing way to describe the newness of the months that lie ahead of us! Your photo of the reflected birch trees is amazing! I wonder if any others you take this year will top its beauty?