Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Eve Table

Christmas Eve Open House - fun for all - and lots to eat
 The plates are red and green depression glass - the serving pieces are holly dishes I've collected over the years.  Red handled flatware is a nice contrast.
 Napkins folded into christmas trees 
 I made the plum pudding two weeks in advance
 Lots of cookies - a big tradition at our house
 And Chex Party Mix

 Cheese and crackers and vegetables for dipping
 Gingerbread pigs with pink frosting on their backs - a must-have every christmas.
 Chocolate crinkles, spritz, thumbprint cookies with homemade jam, and brownies - take your pick
 And don't forget the sugar cut-out cookies, sprinkled with colored sugar
 The desserts were taking up so much room, so we moved them

  
Lemon sauce in the pitcher - to go with the plum pudding 

 We moved the desserts to the new china cabinet

 The caroling kids in the background are ones I painted over 20 years ago - they are wearing clothes just like our kids wore when they were in grade school.

15 comments:

J said...

Oh my goodness! Total over-the-top Christmas spirit and fun! You didn't miss a single variety of cookie! And who wouldn't want to just sit and enjoy companionship and treats in that festive room, bright in red and green! And for me, I think the best part was seeing that lovely lady - the crochet tablecloth! - enjoying the center of attention once again!
Lots of good spirit and family love all gathered in one beautiful place! Well done - once again!
Happy New Year, JoAnn!

Becca said...

OMG Looks like a feast! I love the Christmas tree napkins and the red silverware - very festive!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

A super spread! Happy new year Jo-Ann x

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Cookies are always a good thing...but those gingerbread pigs are the cutest! Your table looks yummy and festive. Best ~ Mickie

Lorrie said...

What a fun event. Lots of cookies get baked here, too, and there are still plenty of them for snacking. Love the way the napkins are folded!

Thelma said...

Love your dishes. I have one of the holly dishes. Your cookies look delicious.

Powell River Books said...

The folded napkins are a cute touch. My quests are lucky to get printed Christmas ones. My dad always made the plum pudding. His looked a lot different because it was wrapped in muslin and steamed in a rounded mound shape. Mom made the clear brandy sauce to go over it with nutmeg. I can still taste it. It was so wonderful. - Margy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That really is spectacular! It's like something from a magazine! The table is beautiful and all of the treats are so pretty. I love those napkins folded like trees too. WOW! You really outdid yourself this year! Have a good night...see you tomorrow! Hugs, Diane

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks delish!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW- what a fun, whimsical, colorful and fun spread - you do Christmas well there! Your sugar cookies made me drool - I didn't eat a single one this year!
It hasn't been easy watching my sugar - ugh - not when there's such yumminess at the holidays!

Well done, ma'am!

May your new Year be filled with laughter, love, good health and peace.

Marigene said...

Everything looks so yummy, JoAnn! I would be happy with a couple sugar cookies, they have always been my favorites.
Happy New Year!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Oh, JoAnn, you did a number. It all looks so delectable and I love the mix of your dishes. I saw napkins folded like that on Pinterest. It looked kind of complicated to me, but you did a great job with them..Happy New Year, my friend..xox Judy

Kay said...

I love your tree-folded napkins. They're beautifully done. And yum! I'd like to try a little of everything. Your plum pudding looks amazing. I can just imagine it with lemon sauce. What a festive table!

Bernideen said...

JoAnn:
Just letting you know that this post was one of those featured from my blog party this week! Happy New Year!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

What a wonderful open house table setting! Love all the Christmas colored dishes and glasses that you used. Everything looks so delicious too! Pretty plum pudding and decorated cookies. I'm sure your guests felt very special to be a part of your Christmas open house.
I am visiting from Bernideen's. Wishing you a wonderful 2016!
Gina