Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, December 14, 2015

Holiday Tea

Some of the fun of the holidays is to have friends in for tea - and new teacups. Come in, sit a spell, help yourself to a cup of tea and a cookie, or two.


My first tea was served on vintage snack plates - found at Goodwill almost 3 years ago.  They are from the 50s - with pretty holly and candles on them.


And plenty of room for cookies and candies.  I can imagine these were used at Bridge Clubs - with tiny, fancy sandwiches served to the ladies who came to play Bridge.  Today we are serving Christmas treats.


The cup has a little holly design


So what better teapot for our Earl Grey tea, than a holly teapot.


Santa is here - watching over the candies






A Christmas Elf, made for me by my cousin Cat, from Oregon.




Silver Christmas napkin rings




A little snow for Santa and the trees - and the candy.


Tea for two - on vintage snack sets.


The next tea time was with a different Holly teapot.
And pretty crystal napkin rings

A tea cup with holly and berries
Two Santas came to tea




And some pretty christmas flowers for the tea table

Two christmas tea cups and some christmas goodies
And if you don't have friends in for tea - there is always a time for tea and cookies, a quiet time to relax and think of the holidays past, present and future.
Snow falls on the teddy bear ice skaters
The teacup is from my  cousin Linda, in Oregon.  It was my christmas gift from her last year - so dainty with pretty pink roses

Perfect, with a plate of cookies to choose from
And on the back of the cup - my initial - this cup must have been made just for me.  Thank you, Linda.


Happy Tea Time!

15 comments:

Bernideen said...

You have so many precious decorations here and your cookies look amazing. I love your special effect photos too. JoAnn - looks like your home is all ready for friends to drop by and have that cup of tea! So glad you shared!

Louisette said...

WONDERFULL décorations tables ,greeting from Belgium

http://louisette.eklablog.com / Mons my city
http://retriever-louisettesblogs.blogspot.com

Lorrie said...

Tea at your place is a festive affair these days. And a delicious one! Your new header is lovely - the bits of red shimmer among the natural tones.

Amy at love made my home said...

You have some very pretty china and a beautiful tea table! Hope that you had fun! xx

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, what lovely tea treats, JoAnn! The teacups and teapots are so nice for this time of year and the snack plates are fabulous! What a lovely hostess you are! Thank you for sharing.

Merry Christmas,
Sandi

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mmmm, those look so good! In Canada, we call little bite-size treats like that "dainties." You've assembled a beautiful dainties plate there!

Margie said...

Your Christmas teas capture the spirit of the season beautifully! Love the holly and ivy teawares, and the colourful sweet treats look yummy!

Terri said...

Oh everything looks festive and delicious!
I would love to come to tea with you : ) I do love those holiday plates!
Happy Holidays

Rose said...

I love that teacup from Linda...most of these pics would make really lovely greeting cards.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like good treats to go with tea!

Julie Fukuda said...

I guess we will need a lot of tea from several pots and cups if we are to eat all those yummy goodies.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi JoAnn. I love all your Christmas tea sets and pieces. The treats look pretty good too. Of all my collections of one thing or another I have never had a Christmas tea pot or cups..Merry Christmas to you and all the family..See you next year!!..Judy

Small City Scenes said...

Beautiful post. I will share a cup with you--thank you very much. Love your Christmas plates and many small ornaments. I like the skaters.
MB

J said...

There's that beautiful table cloth again! Serving from one season to the next with grace and beauty! I love the little elf! He looks right at home on your table. Everything is so warm and welcoming!

Kay said...

It looks like you had some snow flurries during your teas! It's the time of year for that. Though your table (always!) looks wonderful I can't help noticing that your cookies look delicious - perfect for munching with a nice cup of tea. And I do love that crocheted table cloth. It seems to look beautiful no mater how you use it.