Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, March 17, 2017

Trumpter Swans on Fir Island - One

The Trumpeter Swans over winter here in the the Skagit Valley and this year there a many, many more of them than usual.

Let's look and see what kinds of poses they can manage with those long, graceful necks.
Just checkin' things out.
They went that-a-way!

Looooong reach - I don't want to get up.
That's how it is done!
One side
Or the other

Snakey

Step lively now
Curves are easy
Scritch scritch
Upside down

The wind ruffles the feathers

Turn around, look at me
Tie me in a knot
Curves and straight and twist and look backwards
Back to eating - it is what we do, it is who we are.

14 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Great pictures of the swans! They seem so close.

Rose said...

Wow, you were a lucky girl! I would love to be able to get even half these shots!

Lea said...

Swan aerobics class!
Beautiful!

magnoliasntea said...

Beautiful swans! The photos are excellent.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful swan photos and fun captions ~ thanks,

Wishing you a lovely weekend ~ ^_^

Small City Scenes said...

Super shots of the Swan. Expressive necks for sure. Did you see the Swans in the muddy potato fields on Cedardale road. They have been their for weeks---super muddy birds.
MB

Cheryl said...

I love swans... from a distance! Big poops... and sometimes they chase and bite you! lol

Kay said...

What a great selection of shots you have here! Those long, graceful necks are really amazing and you were able to zoom in close enough (I envy you that!) to capture all they're up to. I love these birds!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the trumpeter swans are beautiful. You have a wonderful series of poses and photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy day and new week ahead!

A Colorful World said...

Beautiful photos...such lovely swans!

betty-NZ said...

What a fun time you must have had taking photos of these characters!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They sure do get into a lot of different poses! Beautiful photos...amazing! Hugs to you my friend, Diane

Powell River Books said...

Their necks sure are flexible. They should be heading north pretty soon I would think. I wish a few would stop by Powell Lake for us to enjoy. It's rare, but I have seen a few here. - Margy

J said...

These pictures remind me of my two swan decoys - perfect for decorating the mantle in summer. The birds have such elegant beauty and you've captured that here!