Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, March 10, 2017

Shorebirds

I'm always watching for shorebirds when we go to Birch Bay - and earlier this month we found some - just two - but I'm happy with that.
 Two Lesser Yellowlegs.  They are a migratory bird in this area, and we felt lucky to have seen them.
 There were just two - I wonder where the flock was.
 They were a distance away in the tide pools - running back and forth - but stayed for quite a long time.








9 comments:

Les Fous du Cap said...

Jolis reflets ;-)
CĂ©line & Philippe

baili said...

your capturing is absolutely Marvelous!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

I love those shots. Especially the ones with reflections.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning JoAnn, I enjoy watching the shorebirds running along the beach. Great sighting and captures of the Yellowlegs. Great reflection shots. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Tom said...

...I like the ripply reflections.

Small City Scenes said...

I love the Shore Birds. there used to be zillons down on the BayView-Edison Road but don't see too many any more. I wonder why. You got some good images.
MB

A Colorful World said...

Great find! Love the photos...especially the ones with reflections! Nice!

Anni said...

This is great! I rarely see more than one at a time. A couple, together, foraging in the mudflats is truly special. And, thanks for sharing this with us birders this weekend.

Also, good luck with your published book!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lovely shots and the reflections ones are amazing. When I see these birds I think of 'stick legs' :)