Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Shorebirds!!!!!!!

I'm always on the lookout for shorebirds - and on a recent trip to Birch Bay State Park we came across a tiny flock of them
 Greater Yellowlegs - running about in the edge of the surf
 They have the most wonderfully patterned feathers


 Some preened - some slept and some skittered about





 Then I noticed two smaller shorebirds
 American Snipe - what a treat to find two kinds of shorebirds at the same time.


 I took dozens of photos 

 It was a grand day for shorebirds.

Saturday's Critters


6 comments:

Rose said...

You hit the jackpot!

Kim said...

It seems to me there are many glorious birds in your part of the world. Lovely photos JoAnn.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

MOre beauty! Thanks again....and also I am impressed with your ID skills -- I have so much trouble with shorebirds.

Louca por porcelana said...

What a wonderful blog! Thanks sincerely for sharing so many beauty!Great shots!Hugs,Maristella.

Mascha said...

Beautiful birds, unknown for me... Have very enjoyed your series

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful shorebirds and sightings. Congrats! I am sorry to be so late visiting your post and commenting. I appreciate you linking up your post. Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your day!