Tulip season is here - the tulip farms will be opening this weekend - two weeks early. The Tulip Festival in Skagit (sounds like gadget) Valley is scheduled for the month of April, but with the warm winter we have had here in NW Washington State the daffodils and tulips have bloomed much earlier than usual.
We love to take a drive down through the fields - the flowers are amazing.
1. More Tulips are grown in Skagit Valley than any place else in the U.S.
Massive fields stretch out for acres and acres
2. The variety of colors is amazing - something for everyone
3. Yards everywhere are adorned with tulip gardens.
4. One of our favorite yards in our town - every year the red tulips sparkle in this year
5. A little rain doesn't discourage us - we are from Washington. The joke here is that you can tell the tourists because they carry umbrellas.
Five on Friday - I think I fudged a little on the number - but just had to share the flowers with you.