Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Tiny Tea Party

I love children's tea sets - and tiny dishes.  Let's set the table with some of them today


Small plates with colored rims, and matching teacups 


A tiny plate beneath the saucer 

Sunshine plates on top of the plain plates - farm animals circle the sunshine
And tinier sunshine plates atop the other two - this one with garden vegetables around the sunshine 

Tiny cookie cutters - instead of cookies - maybe next time I'll have a little cookie for you.  The penny gives you an idea of the size of the cookie cutters 

A house teapot and a little yellow bird pitcher 
Napkin rings are tiny, 2 inch tall flower pots that I painted last year 


And teeny tiny silverware - a christmas gift from my oldest daughter some years ago 

A penny for size comparison 
Vintage tea napkins with embroidery and scalloped edges 
A  house teapot for that tiny cup of tea 
And a little butter pat with tiny tongs - maybe we'll have some hot biscuits with butter and honey 
The little silverware came with its own tray.
I'm glad you stopped by today.


9 comments:

GardenOfDaisies said...

Sooooo adorable!! I love tiny teasers, too! I may be looking for a cute little set soon, now that a grandchild is on the way.

GardenOfDaisies said...

teasets! Auto correct is driving me nuts!

Julie Fukuda said...

My dolls are thinking of visiting.

bj said...

I luv your great collection...so sweet....and tiny. :)

Lynda (Granny K) said...

How marvellous! Perfect for a teddy bears tea-party!

Tea in the Library said...

This is just darling! Loved every bit of it!

Kay said...

What sweet, sweet place settings! My bears would like a table full of china (and especially tiny cookies). I do have one tiny set and dear husband made a table and chairs to match but only two bears can enjoy at a time.

Candy S said...

I want the biscuits and butter with honey please. How sweet those little sunshine plates are, I would love to share a tiny cup of tea and a tiny little cookie with you. I have several tiny tea sets sets that I have bought over the last couple of years for my husbands granddaughters, when they are old enough of course. That gives me about two more years that I can play with them. I did find a full size Alice in Wonderland tea set a while back, I can keep that one and still be able to have tea and cookies!! I do have to say that it is ever so much more fun when you can share the tea and cookies.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm glad I stopped by, too. Tis truly is adorable, Jo!

xo

Sheila