Fridays are more fun than usual - Don gets off work early - we do our weekend shopping for fresh produce and then a ride in the country, especially nice in the summer when the days are longer and sun is shining.
1. Sometimes we see boats tipped over after a big wind storm - winds were up to 50 mph. These boats are anchored in a very shallow bay (Birch Bay) and when the tide is out the boats rest on the sand. The wind seemed to be too much for them this time.
2. Sometimes we see interesting transportation - The horse drawn wagon is in Birch Bay for a festival
Old cars on the road are fun to follow - and I try and get photos of them ahead of us and as they turn corners. This car was on its way to a yard sale - so were we.
Our city buses are decorated in many different ways - this one has people enjoying the great park in Bellingham
Oops - can't ride on this little white donkey - but he was cute anyway
3. Often we see water on our rides - ducks swimming
Paddle boards on the lake
Clouds over the bay
And a cute little dingy out for an afternoon ride
4. Sometimes something unusual catches our eye - tin men made of tin cans - clever
5. And it is always a thrill when we see a Great Blue Heron. It is sitting on a post in the middle of the photo - just a light dot in the distance
Zoom in and there it is - looking for dinner I suppose. These stumps are placed in a wetland area that has been rehabilitated. Often we see hawks sitting on them - this was the first heron we saw. After the original sighting we just had to turn around and get some pictures.