Friday fun again - and today is a very special Friday. It is our 51st anniversary. We have fun surprises planned for each other (I've seen gift bags going in and out lately) and dinner at a nice steak house.
1. The leaves are beginning to change color - soon the trees behind this Vine Maple will be bright yellow. We get glorious autumn colors here in the Pacific Northwest
2. A funny sign. No - not acupuncture for little hamsters - the residents of Bellingham are called Bellinghamsters - clever use of that for a business name.
3. Some critters - I really enjoy finding critters to photograph (bet you didn't know that about me)
A Cormorant sitting on a piling by the ferry dock on Lummi Island. The noise of the ferry didn't seem to disturb it in the least. The feather pattern is beautiful.
A Great Blue Heron surf fishing in Birch Bay
And a nice spotty horse
And what kind of critter is this? A light up christmas pig high in a tree in the summer? Merry Oinkmas!
4. The last of the summer nasturtiums in the morning light
5. And a beaver lodge in a small local lake. One time we were lucky enough to see A Great Blue Heron perched on the beaver lodge
6. And just because it is our anniversary I'll add a 6th item. This is us 51 years ago today.