Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, July 26, 2015

What We Did On Vacation - Next Part

I can't remember how many vacation posts I've done - but we had so much fun when our son and his family were here from West Virginia for two weeks, so this is the next part.  Because we knew that they were coming in July we decided to celebrate Father's Day, our son-in-law's birthday, our son's birthday and Donnie's birthday all at once.  We started by taking everyone out to breakfast - the server brought a combined birthday pancake.


 We wore our cowboy boots while being industrious on mama's cellphone.
 We drew pictures with Grampy
 We wore our cowboy hat and took a ride on daddy's back
 We ate popcorn
 We had a sports themed birthday party - with lots of ice cream

 We blew up balloons
 And hung up balloons


And got tangled up in balloons

We had a very good vacation

9 comments:

Maggie said...

Looks like a great party.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, oh my, you all looked like you had a fun vacation. Happy Belated Birthday to all the boys! I like the pancake. Fun photos! Have a happy day and new week ahead!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Those party hats and favors cast me back in time to the days of my birthday parties. They are embodied memories. I can FEEL them -I remember what it felt like to be there. :) m & jb who doesn't care for party hats

J said...

Little Donnie just gets cuter and cuter every time you show his picture! What a great idea to celebrate EVERYTHING during the time you're together!
And I loved your description of fun in the comment you left on my blog! What clever kids!

Amy at love made my home said...

A really fun birthday and a great pancake too! xx

Kay said...

Awwww! What fun! What a great idea to combine all those celebrations, though it's celebration enough to have your family all together. Even better to pour on the love as you did.

Mary said...

I'm glad you had so much fun with the family!
Mary x

Rose said...

Sounds like a good time for all!

Candy S said...

JoAnn, You must have been in heaven while children and grandchildren was there for vacation. Your post does sound so happy and full of the love you have for your family. I adored the photo of Donnie tangled in the balloons.