Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Flowers on Orcas Island

Last summer we spent a week in a seaside cottage on Orcas Island, one of the San Juan Islands just off the coast of NW Washington State.  The islands extend up into British Columbia too.

The cabin was decorated in charming cottage design and the host brought us bouquets to add to the charm of the cabin.
Roses picked from the bushes growing in pots on the deck

One morning the rain drops covered the flowers outdoors

The scent of roses in the rain is unbelievable.

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Lovely flowers, the roses are lovely. Have a happy weekend!

Amy at love made my home said...

So beautiful! I can almost smell them myself after your wonderful description! xx

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Apparently, I have not inherited any kind of flower smelling genetic sequencing in my DNA -or, at least, not much. Sigh.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They are gorgeous! Have a fun family weekend my friend. Sweet hugs, Diane

Kay said...

What's not to love about roses? These are glorious...and I love the raindrop shots. Great macros!

Marigene said...

Those photos are amazing...love the next the last one, it looks like a raspberry!

Powell River Books said...

I was thinking it would be nice to go out to Orcas this weekend to camp at the airport, but don't know if we'll get a nice day (and night) before we leave to go home. Orcas is such a fun place to visit. - Margy

Julie Fukuda said...

My dad grew roses and created new varieties so I grew up in a rose garden and can still smell them even while looking at the picture.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Beautiful roses! One of the magical things of summer.