Five on Friday - it has been a hectic and delightful 2 weeks, with our son and his wonderful family visiting from West Virginia. Lots of family get togethers (our daughters and their families live here in Bellingham), trips to the park, shopping, breakfast and brunches at restaurants and with friends - barbecues, water fights, balloons, parties - just all around fun - plus our son did lots of work around the house for us and our daughter-in-law did a lot of the cooking while they were here - more about that later.
They left on Wednesday and our house is so quiet - not at all like the fun we had when they were here - things are back in order - breakables have been brought back out (we didn't want our 4 year old grandson to get hurt on anything breakable) and we've settle back into our "old folks" ways again. Not nearly as much fun as a house bursting with family.
Here are five things we did on vacation (this is just part one of vacation)
1. We had a picnic in Washington Park in Anacortes
And saw a seal there - what a lucky shot that I caught someone pointing at the seal - they were sitting quite a ways closer to the bay and I just happened to get their hand in the shot of the seal
And took a walk in Washington Park
2. We went to the museum - Grampy liked the kids' farm in the museum
Donnie like the Farmers' Market in the museum
3. We ate popsicles
And giant tomatoes
4. We played with Grampy - and wore cowboy hats (with a Cookie Monster hat on top of the cowboy hat)
5. We had a big birthday party - combining several birthdays
6. (one extra) and we got new suitcases - it was a very fun vacation