Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Waiting for Spring

A few weeks ago I posted about all the things that were budding out - hoping it was going to be an early spring.
 With snowdrops popping up - and pretty things to see and smell.
 So last weekend I bought some pretty flowers to put out in the pots on the deck - a welcome to spring - Snow drops - Hyacinth - Pansies - Grape Hyacinth.
And then look what happened last night!!!!!!
 The weather had turned cold cold cold right after I bought the new flowers - so they have been living safely indoors, on the dining room table - away from the cold and snow.
 It never got above freezing today - the snow blew all around in gale force winds - the little birds shivered in the snow
 But the pretties are safely warm.
 Highs during the coming week are expected to be near or below freezing - with the lowest low temperatures expected to be near 15 degrees.
So the flowers will stay indoors - while the weather outdoors is a deepfreeze - waiting for spring.

14 comments:

Maggie said...

So glad to hear that the pretty flowers are safely in out of the snow, I imagine the fragrance indoors is just wonderful.
Happy Mosaic Monday, stay warm!

Tom said...

...spring is worth waiting for.

Mary Howell Cromer said...

The flowers are so pretty, and I can't wait to see green and colour once again. I saw tiny buds on the shrubs through the ice covering the other day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, we are having crazy weather. Between the snow, rain and warms temps in the 70's. It is starting to feel more like spring. Love your beautiful flowers! Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Snap said...

I bet your house smells wonderful! I picked up a hyacinth at the grocery last week and it is beginning to bloom. Just remember -- this too shall end -- the snow that is!!!! Happy Monday!

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Oh,no! So glad these beauties were in pots and could be taken in. Wishing you a warmer week!

Sarah said...

Such beautiful blooms. Your hyacinths must have your home filled with fragrance.
Happy Mosaic Monday!

Sandra said...

Such pretty flowers. A glimpse of what will come; hopefully soon. Glad you can have the flowers indoor and enjoy them until the weather warms up.

21 Wits said...

Perfection in every shot!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's crazy weather at this time of year! Take care and enjoy your week. I hope things are going well my friend. Hugs, Diane

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I remember that February could be so hard because there was that promise of Spring and then winter back again (In Eugene it usually meant hard rain knocking down the daffodils etc... but very occasionally snow. And yesterday they got some too as my daughter let me know! (I almost feel guilty.)

I'm glad you got your flowers moved inside -- the p9ots were a good idea.

Angie said...

It doesn't take much to tempt us into thinking spring has sprung!!! Glad your plants are safely inside ... I can smell the hyacinths from here!

Kay said...

We had snow and wind yesterday. Blue skies today. But it's been very cold. I'm staying under covers with the flu.

Lorrie said...

Lovely flowers and worth protecting in this arctic blast! Stay cozy and warm!