Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tuesday's Treasures

Before Summer is completely gone I wanted to show the china cabinet with the summer dishes, before it gets converted to Autumn and harvest


 The chicken dishes are like the ones Don bought for me when we were first marred - 53 years ago.  They are from Sears and over the years all the pieces got broken - and recently we've been recollecting them.  The egg cups (on the right) can be turned over and used for juice cups.
 Sunflowers are perfect for summer
 You've seen the big sunflower serving set before - the pieces are all separate, for easy storage and are great for serving taco toppings, dips or condiments.  Would be nice for ice cream sundae toppings too - or banana splits.  
 Suns, and sunflower soup bowls and a sunflower two tiered server.
 Sections of the china cabinet look like mosaics.








5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Since this is the year of the chicken, in Japan you would use those for the rest of the year ... while hunting up all your dog dishes for next year.

Candy S said...

Oh My! I love the Rooster dinnerware. It is perfect for your late summer china cabinet display. I have been collecting rooster decor for my kitchen for years but I have never found a set of rooster styled dinnerware like yours. The colors are perfect for this time of year.

Candy

Tom said...

...your roosters are something to crow about! JoAnn, you sure a have collection of summer treasures, I'm anxious to see what fall brings. Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope to see more soon.

Kim said...

I cannot believe you have had those sweet egg cups since you were first married and they are still in one piece. They are gorgeous. I always love oohing and aahing over all your pretty pieces of china. You have a seriously pretty and fun collection, don't you. It is always a treat to gaze upon that beautiful sideboard and see what is displaying each time.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the chicken dishes are just adorable. So cute. What a nice collection.

Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!