Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Hiway 20 Barns and Beyond

And now - more drive-by barn photos on busy Hiway 20 - this time they are all gambrel roofed - the more traditional barn of our area.
Cement blocks on the lower half - wood above - and a lovely white fence 
 Do you see the face on the barn?
 A falling down barn - chairs and doors sitting out back - and on the right side of the barn the old basketball hoop for the farmer's kids.
 A working farm, this one is not on the hiway - but is a perfect example of the style of barn in our area.


 Lots of windows

 I've shown this one before - it is being demolished and I suppose the wood will be sold for renovation projects.  I barely got a shot between cars.
 Neat and tidy - and ready for the horses
 Ready for retirement 

Two working barns on adjacent farms.


7 comments:

Rose said...

These are wonderful...not sure which is my favorite. I suppose all of them!

Tom said...

...JoAnn, I like the line "ready for retirement." What an assortment, they run the gamut from pristine to ready to retire! Thanks so much for sharing, I hope to see you again.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yet more interesting barns! Well done.

Lea said...

Great barn photos!
The fourth barn is my favorite
Have a wonderful week!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful collection of barns. I like the working barns, they are so well kept. Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Michelle said...

I like the roofs on these barns. So different than in my area. I think these designs are more classic Americana.

Kim said...

I never tire of looking at all your gorgeous barns. I simply cannot choose a favourite!