Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Barns Near Silver Lake

A nice trip to Silver Lake County Park for an early spring picnic took us past some interesting farms and barns.  The area is in the mountains so I didn't expect to see a lot of barns.
But there were some quite interesting ones. The caps on the posts even match the barn roof.
 A lovely home in a pretty little valley
With a pretty barn and garden
 Beginning to sag - there was no sign of farming activity nearby.


 I think we'll store the boat and the old farm truck near this barn
 
Paint peeling - an old shed sits and waits

11 comments:

ellen b. said...

A nice collection JoAnn. I also like your new header. So pretty.

Lea said...

Interesting to see a boat beside the red barn!

Rose said...

All are great in their own way...I would love to see that little home...inside and from all angles outside. It is a beauty.

Michelle said...

Your barns are quite different than mine. I always enjoy seeing them!

VioletSky said...

It's always lovely to see barns nestled in mountains!

Tom said...

...JoAnne, these wonderful barns are in such lovely settings. Number 6 is a winner for me. Thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you again.

The Furry Gnome said...

Quite the variety of barns!

Kay said...

A nice collection of barns. I wonder if there's more activity now that summer is here.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful collection of barns. I like the first barn and home.

Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week ahead!

Julie Fukuda said...

Some of those look like a Haiku waiting to be written.

Powell River Books said...

Sometimes boats stored on farms get taken over by vines. This one still looks like its in working order. - Margy