Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Bald Eagle,Crow and Flicker

A gorgeous sunny day today - who can resist a ride in the country?  Birch Bay State Park is a great place to find Bald Eagles.
 Something is bugging me
 I tell you - there is trouble brewing
 Look out!
 Get away from me Crow!
 Now you have ruffled my feathers!

 Why did you do that, Crow?
 I wasn't bothering you - really I wasn't, and you chased me from one end of the park to the other.
 Go sit in your own tree, Crow.

 And out in the country - in the middle of the photo of a very old apple tree - look for the Flicker
 There is always something good to eat in the wood of an old tree.

 Just checking things out.

 Maybe a utility pole is a better deli for birds

Well that's the end folks - birds doing what birds do.


14 comments:

Sarah said...

Excellent photos! Thanks for sharing on Mosaic Monday.

Maggie said...

What a wonderful treat to see birds like this in their natural habitat, love the conversation going on between them especially the ruffled feather mosaic!
Happy Mosaic Monday.

Hootin' ♥ Anni said...

Oh to have those majestic eagles so near by...I'm jealous.

Wonderful collages/mosaics.

Tom said...

...these are great, the eagle is my favorite.

Gillena Cox said...

Very nice the bird conversation made me smile. Happy Mosaic Monday

much love...

Snap said...

I really enjoyed your bird stories. Very handsome bald eagle and the Flicker is great, too. Crows ... in the middle of everything! Happy Monday!

Hootin' ♥ Anni said...

ps....thanks so much for joining us at I'd Rather B Birdin' this week with your birding experiences and lovely photos! It's always appreciated.

Anni @ I'd Rather B Birdin' [but in my personal blog admin right now...aka Hootin' Anni]

Rose said...

Oh, what fun you must have had to see that eagle....and love the flicker, too.

Julie Fukuda said...

The eagle pictures are quite timely because I am now carving an eagle neckerchief slide for a scout and wanted a good look at the beak, eyes and head.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Fabulous bird photos -- wow, those Eagle shots couldn't be more perfect. Isn't it funny how small birds torment the bigger ones.

Powell River Books said...

A flicker built his nest at a friend's cabin by drilling through the outside wall for the second year in a row. They really are focused when they want to use a spot for a nest. - Margy

Lorrie said...

Wonderful photos and bird conversations!

Sylvia said...

JoAnn, I will have to keep an eye for a flicker. Love the bright spot. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

Mary Cromer said...

Those amazing Bald Eagles, I love them~