Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday Wee Ones - Peace

Our fabrics this week were chosen by Diane - she picked the reversed peace signs, black on white and white on black - and a cute print with meows all over it.  My dolls were excited to get their new clothes.
A lacy blouse and long skirt for Sally Jo, overalls for Abby and a shift dress with rainbow rick rack for Poppy
 The fabric and flowers reminds me of a song from 1967 - "If You're Going To San Francisco", by the Mamas and The Papas

If you're going to San Francisco

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there
For those who come to San Francisco

Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of San Francisco
Gentle people with flowers in their hair
All across the nation

Such a strange vibration
People in motion
There's a whole generation
With a new explanation
People in motion
People in motion
For those who come to San Francisco

Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you come to San Francisco
Summertime will be a love-in there
If you come to San Francisco

Summertime will be a love-in there
 Ponytails are fun too







 Oh look - Poppy's dress is reversible - white on black  on one side - and black on white on the other





 And new headbands - they like to dress alike when possible


 And Sally Jo has a second blouse - lace on the "meow" fabric

There are several of us who sew for our dolls and blog on Wednesdays
and a new friend
Stop by and see what fun and darling outfits they have sewn
(Is that song stuck in your head too?)
Peace!


12 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! You really worked for this week with THREE cute outfits! I love the top with lace ruffles. I'm going to try that. It would look cute with the skirt I made for this week's challenge. You're dolls are so cute posed together. I love the flowers in her hair and the hair pulled up. I think this is one of my favorite weeks...the fabrics are the cutest! Thanks for the fun. I'm off to visit the others. Sweet dollie hugs, Diane

Rowan said...

Pretty outfits. That song takes me back! It was one of my favourites in the 1960s and still is. Those were the days!

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Jo!
Loved that song back in the day, and still do TO-day! And Abby's red tresses with the shift with the rainbow ric-rac. It's 1967 again! Love it!
:) m & jb who wonders why people bother with clothes anyway! LOL!

Sandra said...

You have been so very busy sewing for your dolls. So many wonderful outfits you have created. I love the reversible dress, and the little overalls and then the long skirt with ruffles. Also the two different tops you added to mix and match. The dolls all had their hair fixed so nicely too, and I am sure they all love the matching head-bands. I had fun joining your Wee One's Wednesday. I will try and join again now and then. Thanks for including me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joann! Far out! :) Oh, how cute these little clothes are. What a great job you did too! You really made some sweet pieces and reversible! This is just so much fun.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

JoAnn, you are having a blast with your girls, aren't you? They are so cute and I love the creativity that you use in making the clothes. The choice of fabric was perfect for the song, or vise-versa! Two fingers up, my friend..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Kay said...

Who could forget that song! I loved in San Francisco during that era.
You've been a very busy seamstress lately! Cute outfits!

doodles n daydreams said...

Such cute outfits on all the girls. Poppy's outfit reminded of the flower people in San Francisco as soon as I saw it.
Have a lovely day.

Diana

J said...

I feel badly for those too young to remember that song from an era where you could actually hear the words and sing along without being embarrassed at the naughty words!
Your outfits are just precious! The rick rack adds a 60s touch to the peace signs. And for me, a cat lover, I think the combo of "meow" and "peace" is purr-fect! There's not another animal that evokes such calm!

Amy at love made my home said...

Great outfits, especially with the flowers in their hair!! xx

Kay said...

Thank you s-o-o-o-o much for identifying the Elderberries in my post today! I had no idea that they grew in any color besides blue/black. (And what fun that they can be used as pea shooters! I'll bet there are generations younger than us that have NO idea what a pea shooter is!)
Also...to correct the typo in my comment above: I LIVED in San Francisco during that era. (Though in deference to the song, "loved" fits, too!)

Candy S said...

Kind of makes me want to go to San Francisco every time I here that song. The dollies look fabulous with the flowers in their hair and their outfits are as cute as they can be. I just love Abby's hair! Do you style it? I tried small foam rollers in one of my dolls hair and it went straight again in a day. Have a lovely evening.... Candy