It is Friday - hurray hurray!!! Time for randomness. The photos are of one of the prettiest yards in our city. Every year they have this glorious display of red tulips. We had to watch for traffic, stop on a little bridge overlooking the yard and get some fast photos, as there is no place to pull over or stand to get the photos. Fortunately this time it worked. We have often had to turn around and go back, again and again, until traffic was clear - but it is worth it.
1. I can type fast - really fast. I can type as fast as you can talk.
2. I don't like canned milk - not in any form. When I was growing up in Alaska we didn't have access to fresh milk and so my mother would dilute canned milk half with water and we were supposed to drink that - no thank you.
3. I try and be awake before the first bird sings in the morning. It is a robin and I don't want to be awakened by the robin, I want to be awake before it sings. That gets difficult as the days get longer - and in June it happens at 4:15 - at first light. But I don't mind, I love being awake then. I used to get up before the first birdsong and sit on the steps - but now I'm content to have the window open and listen from my bed.
4. I love wind chimes - big ones - tiny ones - wooden ones - metal ones - I love wind chimes. I have a teeny tiny wind chime that hangs on the top spindle of my wooden rocking chair - it whispers while you rock. I have a big wind chime on the deck - the top decoration is a metal heron flying.
5. When I cook a main dish I make a huge batch, then put serving size portions in the freezer for lunches or quick dinners. At any time I might have 30 frozen servings in the freezer - so I don't have to cook a big meal every night. Sometimes I will have a cooking marathon and make three main dishes in one day.