Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Monday, July 27, 2020

Where Have I Been?

Where have I been - what have I been doing?

I've been around - I've been doing stuff.
 I've planted a few vegetables this year - along with the flowers I always grow on our deck.  The first harvest of lettuce was enough for a dinner of tacos.
The fresh taste of newly picked lettuce just can't be beat.

I also planted cherry tomatoes - Yellow Pear Tomatoes, two kinds of cucumbers and chives.  No - the cherry tomatoes on those tacos are not from my plants - the are still growing and it will be a while before we get a harvest.

We did have some chives the other day in our salads - wonderful.

I've been around - I've been doing stuff - what have you been up to?

5 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your taco looks yummy. I am glad you are doing well.

Take care! Have a great day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad to hear from you! I LOVE your new banner with that Scrub Jay. We haven't seen ours here in Florida this year at all. Have a good day my friend. Hugs from me...and Wendy...and all the Florida dollies!

Mary said...

Hi dear JoAnn - happy to see you here - and thanks for stopping by. You sound busy and I hope you and your family are keeping well-during these trying times.

Haven't been up to much for months now, just a weekly run for groceries - a couple of distanced gatherings in our daughter's yard - for Father's Day in June, then Bob's 80th this month. How did we get this old!!! Feel safest at home of course so spending time cooking and gardening mostly - but now too hot even for that!
No travel of course and really missing being able to get home to England to see aging family and friends etc.
Healthy so far though, grateful for that.

Love the beautiful birds on your header.
Hugs always - take care.
Mary -

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I've been puttering around the house, baking, sitting on the balcony reading, surfing the net, watching TV, etc. Thanks, Covid.

Julie Fukuda said...

I have been thinking of you having gone missing. I'm so glad to hear you are OK. Somehow days seem to run on and on until I am lost somewhere in the middle of the week. It reminds me of my kids years ago saying, "Are we there yet?" Nothing edible in my garden unless you are an aphid.