Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Hummingbird HIgh

We have a pair of hummingbirds that are nesting high up in a tree.  Every day the male comes out and sits on a leafless branch.  I spotted him from our deck across the street and half a block away.

 A close up - as close up as I could get from that distance - of our sweet hummingbird on his branch.
These two trees are 40 or 50 feet tall, the nest seems to be in the tree on the right - near the top.  That is where we see the hummingbird flying in and out for most of the day.  I'm so happy I spotted him on the branch and now can watch him every day.  I tried close ups of the tree, but the nests are so tiny I couldn't make out anything that seemed to be a nest.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Every (rare) time I get to see a hummingbird in real life, it's like watching MAGIC right before my eyes!

Julie Fukuda said...

Hummingbirds are so tiny, I'm amazed you can spot them from afar. It will be fun when the family assembles. Thanks for sharing.

Kay said...

Hummingbirds really like those high, bare perches. Good for them, not so good for getting photos of them!

Powell River Books said...

Back when we lived in Los Angeles we had an atrium in our townhouse. One year we had a hummingbird nest in there on one of our hanging flower pots. It was fun because we could watch through the window from our living room. - Margy