Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, May 17, 2019

I'm Back

It has been a long time - a lot of work - and lots of help from our family, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - the far, far tunnel, but at least there is a light.

I no longer have to have someone with me 24 hours a day - the girls still come every day during the week - and Don is here nights and weekends, as always.  I enjoy having the girls here - and realize they have their own families and lives to tend to also.

I'll try and get some posts out, as my energy level allows.  I've sure missed reading all the fun blogs that I was following - but Bloglovin' has decided that since I was gone for so long that I was no longer interested in following blogs - and they deleted my list of blogs that I've been following - they even deleted my account - though they still send me notices of blogs that were on that list - go figure!

So I will slowly build up my list of blogs to follow - and hope I find everyone that I used to follow.

 Here is some of the silliness at our house.  I have been able to begin making hats for the homeless again - it is something I can do with the level of energy and stamina that I have.  Some of my bears decided that they wanted to test the hats - then they decided they needed to see a doctor too - Doctor Moose - and the frog nurse - you can play "find the frog nurse", he is wearing a yellow and green pom pom on his head.  
 The bears are in the waiting room - hoping to see the doctor soon.

Thanks for stopping by - I'll try and get to your blogs as soon as I can find them again.

15 comments:

Kim said...

How lovely to visit your place once again, JoAnn. It is wonderful that you are getter stronger with each day. Take care, lovely lady♥

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am so happy you are feeling better and on the road to recovery. The bears and hats are cute. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have been on my mind so much lately! I was hoping you would let us know how you are. I'm very glad you are better but I hope and pray you get your energy back. I know you always want to do so much but try to take it easy my friend! Sending you bunches of hugs. Love, Diane

Petite Plangonophile au chocolat said...

Hello Joann,
Welcome back! I am really happy to know that you are feeling better. Don't rush things for us. The most important ting is your recovery. Write a post whenever you feel like it or whenever you can. I will keep on visiting you no matter what.
All the best to you and your family,
Arlette

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So glad you're home and firmly on the road to recovery! Take it easy, heal and enjoy life! Cute bears in their hats for the homeless!

Mary said...

This news made my day dear JoAnn! The hats are so cute - knitting is a lovely pastime and should definitely help you recover.
I'm back too! Actually just back from a trip across the pond to my home and to see family and childhood friends. Perfect trip, all went by far too quickly though. Off again soon, it's a busy year of travel for us.
Sending warm hugs - do take care, and say hi to Don, know he has been wonderful whilst you were out of action!
Mary X

Small City Scenes said...

Hi JoAnn, so glad you are getting better and better day by day. Take your time---we are all here.
MB

Rose said...

Somehow or other everyone seems to know what happened with you and I don't. But I am still so glad to see you posting again. It sounds like it is slow going, but maybe your energy will increase more as you go along. Mine did after I finally got back on my feet. I was feeling like I would never get my energy back, but all of sudden I realized I had a lot of it back.

Lorrie said...

I'm so glad that you are mending - it takes a long time! How great to see you post again. The little hats are darling on your stuffed animals. Sweet May days to you, JoAnn.

Julie Fukuda said...

Welcome back ... one small step at a time...

Angie said...

JoAnn - welcome back! I have been checking your blog once a week for news, so I was so excited to see a new post! It seems there is nothing wrong with your stitching, or your sense of humor, so the rest of your recovery should come along nicely. Take your time - we will still be here!

Kay said...

Glad you've been able to get a post up! And so happy to see you're able to do some knitting, too. Take your time. I hope you'll soon feel up to resuming a somewhat more "normal" (whatever that is) life again.

J said...

I'm so glad you're back and in better health again! Sometimes we need to back away from blogging and take care of other things. I've just been tired of it for the past year and concentrated on actually doing things instead of recording them for a post! That's been nice!
I admire your outreach on hats for the homeless community. What a selfless, lovely gesture!
I wish you the best!

Powell River Books said...

So glad to hear things are coming along. I had a short stay in the hospital in February for surgery, but nothing serious. It has taken a while to heal and get back to my normal activities as well. Wayne was a big help and now we are back up north at the cabin. I can do just about everything now, including lots of weeding in the garden. Glad you have lots of good help from your girls and Don. - Margy

Powell River Books said...

Flowers and stuffed animals are a great way to cheer up. Love the Love bear in the last photo. - Margy