Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Barns

Lots of country drives - lots of barns - I've got to get caught up
 Something very new and different - and very pretty
One of my favorites - on the way to  Stanwood, WA 


 Another favorite - it doesn't seem to have much  more time to be able to stand against nature
New metal siding and roof - and one unpainted side 

 No longer used for farming - but well kept
 And a wonderful quilt block on the end of the big barn
 Those lilac bushes will be gorgeous soon.
 One of the mega farms in our area.  These are the reason many of the older barns are left to decay, the land is farmed, the barns are relics.
 And sometimes go wavy


 Long barn - another favorite


14 comments:

Tom said...

JoAnn, what a fabulous collection of favorites, they are all beautiful in their own way. Thanks so much for being here today, please stop back again soon.

Small City Scenes said...

Very neat, JoAnne----I almost overdosed on barns or rather you did. LOL! Barns are so neat and everywhere aren't they. At least where we live. A sorry day indeed when we 'might' be covered with houses.
MB

Powell River Books said...

Some of the barns are so huge you wonder how they were built back in the day. - Margy

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful collection and I love the, "Wavy Barn", !!!!!!

Lea said...

Wonderful series of photos!
I think the cream colored barn in photos 3 and 4 is the prettiest

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes, that's a lot of barns! I too like that wavy roof.

Kay said...

Some of those newer barns are gorgeous. I'm not accustomed to seeing spanking and sparkling new ones like that!

A Colorful World said...

I love the weathered ones who no longer have a use, but have such a great story to tell! And that wavy one...pretty interesting! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is a great collection of barns. Some looks so fresh and clean! I like the weathered ones!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

JoAnn, love, love, love old barns. Glad to see a red one in the mix. The one with the sway in its back reminds me of how I feel some days!..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

Lorrie said...

So many wonderful barns in your area. The "wavy" one is really something! We had snow today, and it was very beautiful, falling in fat flakes to the ground. It will likely be gone by tomorrow. How chilly this winter has been, and for so long. I'm sure you're eager for spring's arrival, too.

Latane Barton said...

You did find a bunch of barns! Everyone of them interesting in their own way.

happyone said...

What a great collection of barn pictures you have taken. I don't think I've ever seen a wavy one like that.

Rose said...

I have not even clicked to expand the view and I done love these!