Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Yellow House

This lovely house is set in a large yard with lots of trees, shrubs and mowed lawns.  It used to be a Bed and Breakfast - I noticed this year that the sign was gone.  It sits among fields where the Trumpeter Swans visit every year and was named the Trumpeter Swan Bed and Breakfast.
 Bare tree branches reflected in an old glass paned door
 Trees and shrubs blowing in the wind - just a touch of autumn colors beginning to show
 Turrets - perfect for daydreaming among the tree tops
 A quiet, warm autumn afternoon in later October - rare for us this time of the year
Bay windows reflecting the outdoors

15 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

When we have travelled through the US and Canada in the past we have always admired these wonderful wooden houses painted in such lovely colours. This one is superb.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The homeowner picked the perfect shade of yellow for this house!

Maggie said...

What a lovely house. You have captured some wonderful reflections in the windows. Quite eerie!

J said...

Absolutely charming! My favorite house in my childhood neighborhood was a yellow one with white trim. There were always red geraniums in the window boxes. It didn't have the "magical" turret that this house has though! - or the sweet picket fence and gate!

eileeninmd said...

I like the color! It is a beautiful house! Lovely images!

Lorrie said...

That's such a lovely painted house. Old-fashioned and homey looking.

Mary said...

What a beautiful house. I think a Queen Anne Victorian? I love the turrets, and the sunny color yellow!

Anonymous said...

this place looks so lovely!

Prairie Jill said...

Such a beautiful house! Love seeing all the different views. My favourite is the first one, with the reflection in the windows.

joy said...

What a beautiful house, I would absolutely love to live there.

helena said...

love those reflections on the windows and what an interesting house

Montanagirl said...

So beautiful! Love the white picket fence.

Kay said...

Oh, what a beautiful house! I especially love the glass and the reflection in the first shot. I have a friend who loves yellow houses. I think of her every time I see a particularly sweet one. This is such a gorgeous place!

Powell River Books said...

I like a colorful house. Yellow would be a good choice for me. - Margy

Candy S said...

I love the yellow color and the turret. I think the turret gives this lovely house a wonderful personality. Quaint, but timeless in it's beauty. I always wanted a house like this one. When I was in my early twenties a home not far from where we lived came onto the market for only 27,000 dollars. I wanted that house so bad, but hubby said it would be way to much work to maintain it. Even now nearly fifty years later I am still really ticked at him over that.