Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Black and White Wednesday

I thought I'd try this post about the garden in the rain, in Black and White - the raindrops really look magical!!

Foxglove leave.  You can see our house reflected in the big drops on the left and the right. 
Honeysuckle leaves - the raindrops look almost like diamonds
White Petunia 
Sweet Pea
Bleeding heart leaf  
Larkspur greenery 
Larkspur flowers 
Tiny Forget-Me-Nots just coming up 
Close up of Geranium 
Another Geranium 
 Freesia
Tomato leaves 
A refreshing summer rain and now it smells so good!!


11 comments:

greenthumb said...

So very pretty, so very clear.

penelopedphotography said...

Love your pictures, very inspiring for me as I am new to photography.... and a complete novice! :)

carol l mckenna said...

Divine photography ~ love the nature photos with the raindrops for BWW ~ thanks, ^_^

artmusedog and carol ( A Creative Harbor)

J said...

I do love black and white photography - especially these! But they always remind me of the "value scale" we were required to paint in Design 101. It wasn't as easy as it looked and I still can't get all of those tints, tones and shades out of my head when I see photos like this!

Adrienne said...

Raindrops really do pop - especially on the darker leaves! Great contribution! Thanks for linking up!

Kay said...

These are equally beautiful in black and white. Obviously, they're great shots!

bailey-road.com said...

Such lovely shots.

Powell River Books said...

Back when I used my 35mm camera and real film, I used to love to do blank and white and develop it myself. I went to a high school adult education class to use their darkroom. It was really reasonable, and they had all the equipment and chemicals ready to go. Since I've used digital, I haven't converted many shots. Maybe I should try. - Margy

CountryMouse said...

I love water drops during and after rain. These look great in b&w, make me notice the detail.

Will said...

The leaves look bejeweled. Lovely.~May

Carla said...

Love the water drop shots. I find it really cool you caught your house reflected in the raindrops.