Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Holiday Tea

Some of the fun of the holidays is to have friends in for tea - and new teacups. Come in, sit a spell, help yourself to a cup of tea and a cookie, or two.


My first tea was served on vintage snack plates - found at Goodwill almost two years ago.  They are from the 50s - with pretty holly and candles on them.


And plenty of room for cookies and candies.  I can imagine these were used at Bridge Clubs - with tiny, fancy sandwiches served to the ladies who came to play Bridge.  Today we are serving Christmas treats.


The cup has a little holly design


So what better teapot for our Earl Grey tea, than a holly teapot.


Santa is here - watching over the candies






A Christmas Elf, made for me by my cousin Cat, from Oregon.




Silver Christmas napkin rings




A little snow for Santa and the trees - and the candy.


Tea for two - on vintage snack sets.


The next tea time was with a different Holly teapot.
And pretty crystal napkin rings

A tea cup with holly and berries
Two Santas came to tea




And some pretty christmas flowers for the tea table

Two christmas tea cups and some christmas goodies
And if you don't have friends in for tea - there is always a time for tea and cookies, a quiet time to relax and think of the holidays past, present and future.
Snow falls on the teddy bear ice skaters
The teacup is from my  cousin Linda, in Oregon.  It was my christmas gift from her this year - so dainty with pretty pink roses

Perfect, with a plate of cookies to choose from
And on the back of the cup - my initial - this cup must have been made just for me.  Thank you, Linda.


Happy Tea Time!





9 comments:

Lorrie said...

Such yummy goodies! I've always loved snack plates and was a little miffed when my mother sold her vintage glass ones at a garage sale a number of years ago. I would have loved them. Ah well. Tea is a wonderful thing in winter. Enjoy! It's sunny here today and I'm loving it. Hope it's the same for you.

Kay said...

Love these shots but I found myself worrying. "Wait! The tea must be getting cold by now!" All the settings are so inviting, pots and all. I especially love the handle on your new "J" cup. (Save a Russian tea cookie for me. They're one of my favorites - of which I unfortunately have entirely too many.)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I wish I were there to imbibe with you. I'll take one of the holly teacups, please, but I adore that green holly teapot! The goodies? One of each!

xo

Sheila

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Everything looks delicious!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Both of your tea parties look so pretty and the treats look yummy! I love the cup from your cousin, Linda, who I read about in your book that I received today! I'm going to go now and read more. :)

Granny Sue said...

How lovely--a perfect setting for chat and enjoying the holidays.

Nonnie said...

what a charming table setting, with delicious sweet treats to go with what looks like tasty tea! I'm sure your new tea cup will remain a treasure for you.
I wish I lived in your neighborhood so that I too could have imbibed in the tea party!

Lili said...

I hope you don't mind that I helped myself to some cookies...ha! I love that you had a tea party! And oh my that personalized rose tea cup is so lovely! I have a weakness for gilded treasures! xo

Candy S said...

Everything on the table looks wonderful. You know I love your green holly teapot so much, but I am eying up the white one too, they are both beautiful. The Santa's and the little bears are sweet little seasonal touches for a lovely holiday tea party.