Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, December 14, 2012

No Pictures Today

No pictures today - no fun adventures - no exciting new bird views - I've been brought down by a bird photo.  Well, not brought down - but sidelined for sure.


First, thanks to all that have emailed, texted and called, wondering where I have been. It makes me feel good to know you care - and thank you to those that continue to check my blog for a new post.

But there won't be a new post for a while yet - and not very often even then.  I had back surgery on Nov. 27 after a painful trip to the ER in the ambulance (those things are not built for comfort, let me tell you). The surgery was successful and now the long, slow recovery.  I have my laptop on a wooden tv tray, tilted towards my lap, as I type this note. Not the most comfortable way to type - but it is working for a bit anyway.  And I can't sit in one position very long anyway/

Physical therapy, visits to the acupunturists, doctor visits, hospital bed and nice walker - and helpful family and friends - those are my companions for now - later I'll be back to share photos when I can get out and take more.

Have a very wonderful holiday - and thanks for checking in with me.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Rest and Get Well! That's the most important thing! We'll be waiting and thinking good thoughts for a speedy recovery....Happy Holidays! xx

Pondside said...

Saying it again - so glad you are on the mend. Take good care!

Peg said...

Been thinking lots about you, hope your recovery is steady and complete - and speedy (we really do miss those pictures)!

Granny Sue said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, JoAnn. I'm sorry to read about your surgery though. Sounds like you've got a good plan for recovery and a positive attitude. Your photos are gorgeous--I'll be back to see more.

Celestial Charms said...

Hi Joann,
Sorry to read that you went through recent back surgery. Hope you mend well, and fast. Have a very Merry Christmas, and blessings for you and your family in the coming New Year.
Maureen

Lili said...

Now to catch up with you and see what I have missed on here! Rest rest and take care. I hope you're improving with each passing day Jo!

Madge Bloom said...

Oh dear... hoping that each day brings more strength and less pain... thank you for your visits!

Zuzu said...

Not a fun time. I spent a few days in bed before Christmas w/ back pain, but did not have to go through anything like you have!
Please take good care!!!
Zuzu