Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hawks





Out just past Bow and Edison, WA is a great area for watching hawks.  This Redtail Hawk was on his favorite telephone pole - we've seen him there before - watching for something to eat .  .  .


When he flew off the telephone pole I thought I had lost him for sure, but he landed a little ways away in a field.








After quite a while on the ground - he took off again .  .  .



Soaring above to search for more food .  .  . 






 My favorite - and luckiest shot - I didn't even see the moon in the picture until I loaded it on the computer.

And then there were two .  .  .  



Farther down the road, another hawk in a bush.  It was a good hawk day!
















1 comment:

Lili said...

Very cool Jo! The moon right there with the soaring hawk. Fabulous captures.