Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, March 16, 2012

Varied Thrush and Juncos

This morning a Varied Thrush was sitting on the swingset - near the feeders. He sat and sat and sat and finally I went and got my camera. He still sat - and I got some good pictures - and then he flew to the ground to eat. Thank you Sir Thrush!


If you enlarge the picture above you can see the little beads of water on his feathers, from the rain.
And the Juncos are at the feeder too - often someone will tell me that it can't be, that Juncos are only ground feeders - and never use the seed feeders.

But here they are - at the seed feeders . . .


And another little Junco, waiting his turn . . .

2 comments:

Lili said...

Juncos still here this time of year tell us winter is not over yet. I hope I don't spot any still hanging around here. I especially love that 3rd shot of Mr. Thrush! ~Lili

Rowan said...

You got some lovely photos of the thrush. You're lucky that he was in such a co-operative mood:)