Are We Walking to Alaska

Are We Walking to Alaska
Are We Walking to Alaska - A True Story

Friday, May 14, 2010

Seattle - part 1

While Don was at UW Harborview for his eye surgery follow-up appointment I wandered around on the 7th floor - through all the waiting rooms, which encircle the whole floor.  With windows to the ceiling I had fabulous views of Seattle.  Only thing better would have been a sunny day.

I'll start with all the tall or modern buildings.


This is the building I've been wanting to get a picture of since we starting going to UW Harborview back in December 2009.  That ball on the top of the building is lit with a green light.  In the winter we would see the light still on when we arrived for Don's appointments, but in May it was much lighter out and the ball wasn't lit.  I'll be back to get a photo with the ball lit sometime.

And there were tugs and barges in the bay in front of the building - they look so tiny from way up here . . .


Lots of buildings made of glass - it must be something to watch it rain from these windows . . .


And who washes all the windows?


Tall buildings and short buildings.  I have no idea what these buildings are for - if you know - please let us know . . .





One little round building - peeking up over the edge of the tall buildings . . .

Lots of parking . . .

Looking down from the waiting room windows I spied these pipes on the roof of another floor of the building - they look like rockets - but I'm fairly certain they are not rockets . . .

A plane flew over and I nearly tipped over backwards trying to get a picture through the window . . .Good thing the windows were very tall . . .

And what do you suppose this interesting round building is for?



Interesting towers . . .


And a great pyramid . . .


Soon I'll have more photos of Seattle - there was so much to see up there on the 7th floor.

Don's eye check up was great - he is progressing as expected and we don't have to go back for 4 months this time - insted of every two months.  Maybe in September I can get a picture of the ball lit up.







No comments: